In this new podcast, Anita Holford, co-editor of Music Education Works, is talking with Rachael Perrin, a co-founder of community music organisation, Soundcastle, which runs projects in the south of England, coaches and trains music practitioners across the UK, and has an online community to support them.
We talk about:
- bringing together the music and social care worlds and wanting to find ‘other uses for music’
- Soundcastle’s Musical Beacons work with families and People’s Music Collectives work with adults on a journey of mental health recovery
- the crossovers between coaching, mentoring and community music
- the importance of creative autonomy
- and wellbeing, the thread that runs through everything from projects to collective decision-making
You can access the podcast via a blog on our main website – Podcast  Community music, coaching and wellbeing, with Rachael Perrin, or on iTunes or Spotify (search for Music for Education & Wellbeing).