A new podcast by Anita Holford, co-editor of Music Education Works, features Dr Simon Procter, Director of Music Services (Education, Research and Public Affairs) for Nordoff Robbins, the national music therapy charity. You may know Nordoff Robbins because of famous supporters like Nile Rodgers, Sting, Ricky from Kaiser Chiefs and many others. As well as fundraising events given by people like the Premier Football League and Music Industry Trust Awards.
We talk about:
- how Simon decided to train as a music therapist
- the definition of ‘music therapy’
- how Nordoff Robbins delivers music therapy
- the similarities between music therapy and community music
- how Nordoff Robbins evaluates its impact
- and we finish with three pieces of practical advice for people for people wanting to learn more from music therapy and form closer advocacy links with the sector
You can access the podcast via a blog on our main website – [PODCAST]  Music Therapy, Community Music and Music Education – Dr Simon Procter, Nordoff Robbins, or on iTunes or Spotify.